Did you know Instagram has over 300 million monthly active users? Nail salon owners are using Instagram religiously and continuously attracting more and more customers.
Pictures are a great way to market your salon and show a wide variety of your work as well as fun, quirky photos that follow your brand’s theme.
1. Use # (Popular Salon Hashtags)
Use trending hashtags to draw more users to your Instagram profile and to find out about your salon. An example would be to use #HappyHalloween as one hashtag to gain more views while showing a picture of a holiday themed manicure and showcasing the salon’s services. The following are some of popular hashtags for nail salons:
#nailgasm #nailstagram #nailpimp #nailgasm #blingart #nailswagg #nailfetish #showmethemani #nailgangster #nailgod #nailart #nailporn #glitteracrylic #acrylicnails #coffinnails #naildesign #nailstylist #nailfashion #nailgame #nailtech #3dnailartdesign #instanails #naildecoration #nailswag #cosmogirl #blingnails #nails2inspire
2. Use the Bio Link (It’s a Game Changer!)
On Instagram posts you cannot include a link, and it is a bummer. But do not worry! Savvy salon marketers are using the profile bio section to include web links. Instead of always using the www.MySalonWebsite.com on your profile, use a custom URL to showcase your offer. For instance create a post, “Get $10 Off on Your Next Visit. Just Print the Coupon and Bring it with You. (Coupon link is in the bio)” and put the custom URL in your profile, by clicking the EDIT button. Use custom URL shorteners such as:
- – bit.ly
- – goo.gl
- – j.mp
3. Use Before and After Pictures to Showcase Your Talent
Reviews and testimonials don’t need to just be a text post when it comes to social media. Use Instagram to show results in your salon. Before and after pictures show transformation and can grab users’ attention.
4. Be Fun and Quirky
Instagram users tend to be young and on trend, and enjoy fun, quirky posts in addition to just product or service-related posts. Once in a while a feel good post can engage your customers and you can use specific quotes or pictures that you feel defines your brand.
Quote of the day by #CocoChanel A photo posted by March Media Chicago, Inc. (@marchmediachicago) on
5. Do Exclusive Instagram Contests
One great aspect of Instagram is that you can have contests that involve user-generated content. Hold photo contests among your Followers, such as “Post a picture of your new summer manicure with the hashtag #ChaseNailsSpa and be entered to win your next manicure for free!” These engage customers and are easy for customers to participate in by simply uploading a picture and including the proper hashtag. If you have always wondered how to get more followers on Instagram, you will find out that a contest is one of the best solutions.
6. Announce Promotions on Instagram
Post promotional photos on Instagram so that customers are always aware of new things going on at your salon. An example would be to post a picture of a coupon with writing saying “FREE Manicure on Your Birthday!” This informs customers about the free manicure promotion or acts as a reminder to those who may have heard about it in the past. You can also make the promotion Instagram-exclusive by telling customers that they have to show that picture in the salon to receive the promotion discount.
7. Provide Incentives for Instagram Word-of-Mouth
Provide incentives for customers to upload a picture of what they had done at your salon such as “Have a new nail style from Red6Nails beauty salon that you just love? Upload it to Instagram with the hashtag #red6nails and receive 10% off your next visit.” Word-of-mouth is crucial in the salon business as trust is such a key factor when it comes to hair and beauty, therefore having friends share pictures with their own Instagram network is a great way to stretch your brand awareness.
Fall Special. Pumpkin Spa Pedicure $33. #red6nails #spapedi #northbrook #glenview A photo posted by red6nails (@red6nails) on
Top 10 Interesting Facts about Instagram
1. Instagram was officially launched on April 6, 2010, as an iPhone app. Within a month, it had a million users.
2. Filter that earns most likes and comments is Mayfair.
3. In April, 2012, Facebook has bought Instagram for about $ 1 billion. At the time of sale, Instagram counted only 13 employees.
4. 49% of Instagram users are women & 51% are men.
5. Android version of Instagram app was launched on April 3, 2013. Within 12h, it was downloaded is a million times.
6. In June 2013, Instagram introduced the option of uploading short videos. In just 24 hours was uploaded over 5 million videos.
7. Currently the most popular profiles on Instagram are: National Geographic, 9GAG, and Kim Kardashian
8. The most popular hashtags are #love and #selfie.
9. Instagram has more active users via mobile phones than Twitter. 10. 90% of Instagram users are younger than 35 years.
In summary, there are many many more instagram marketing ideas, tips, & tricks to market your salon, and we hope these tips were helpful for you. Have a perfect instagram presence. Add a solid salon marketing plan and create strong online presence, along with your professional team you can establish a great business and succeed. Good luck, and we cheer for you!Get a Quote on Salon Marketing